Troubleshooting: Basic Tools and Techniques
Module Length: 1 Credit Hour
Approved for CEUs by: Louisiana, Mississippi, South Dakota, Tennessee, North Carolina, New Jersey, Florida
In this module, we will take a look at the basic tools you should have available to you when troubleshooting. We will also discuss general techniques that you can use to effectively troubleshoot any system. A systematic approach using the right tools and the right mindset can turn an intimidating and daunting task into a series of simple steps.
At the conclusion of this module, you should be able to do the following:
- Identify and choose the appropriate tools for a basic toolkit.
- Select the appropriate testing tools for a particular test.
- Perform conclusive tests using those tools.
- Develop a testing plan.
- Test systems using a systematic, logical approach.
- Document the steps and outcomes of each phase of your testing.