Working with locks and associated systems may also involve working with electronic components. Having a basic understanding of how electricity operates is a key skill that every locksmith should have. In this course, you will learn to:
- Define the basic essentials of electricity and its uses.
- Describe and identify the uses of, and differences between, voltage, current, resistance and power; and conductors, insulators and semiconductors.
- Perform common conversions using Ohm's law and Watt's law.
- Distinguish between series and parallel circuit types.
- Calculate resistance, voltage, current and power for series and parallel circuits.